International students can be:

  •  Students who are applying for the EUP from a foreign country (via Campus France)
  • Students who are applying for the EUP from a foreign country which is not part of the Campus France procedure
  • Students from foreign universities that are part of an exchange at the EUP (see below)

Depending on their country, students may have to obtain a residence permit (see below).


Registration fees for the master next year (2019 2020 ) will be 380 euros for ALL students, included international overseas students. UPEC and UPEM universities will exempt all overseas students from the extra fees decided by the government. 


Applicants living abroad: Campus France procedure

Students from the following countries have to apply via Campus France: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, South Korea, Kuwait, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, RDC, Russia, Senegal, Singapur,Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.

Academic year 2019/2020
Foreign prospective students from these countries must apply online from November 2018 on the Campus France website of their country of origin at
(For example, if you live in Algeria:
Language requirements: French C1.
Admission to the track “Urban Regeneration and City Planning in Europe” has the following English language requirements : TOEFL > 80; IELTS > 6,5; TOEIC > 800; Cambridge Certificate: Advanced (score C) or First (score A); or one year of coursework in English from an English-speaking university, where the candidate has produced significant written work in English and obtained relevant certification. No French language requirement.

Applicants living in countries where the Campus France procedure does not apply

Students from countries that are not in the Campus France list have to apply via the standard admission procedure.
Applications have to be submitted on-line through the dedicated platform (e-candidat)
Calendar for the standard admission procedure

  • The Master 1 course is opened to graduates (BAC +3) and /or validation of acquired experience.
  • The Master 2 course is opened to graduates (BAC +4) and/or validation of acquired experience.

For the master 1 and the masters 2 International Expertise (Urban Regeneration and City Planning in Europe), DETER, PROMU, AUDE, Mobility Transport and Urban Environment:

Prospective students from other countries must apply on the e-Candidat portal. Dates will be communicated  later.

The path Integrated Development path (DUI) and the Urban Habitat and Renewal (HRU) have a specific calendar :

Prospective students from other countries must apply on the e-Candidat portal. Dates will be communicated  later.

Students applying for the EUP via an exchange (Erasmus or bilateral agreements)

 Students who are applying through an exchange have to apply at the UPEM or at the UPEC via the International Relations department of their University.

All EUP courses are accessible to the students involved in an exchange in the Master 1 and PROMU, DETER, AUDE, Environment, International, Transport and Mobility Masters 2 courses. MOPU, DUI, HRU Masters, and M1 English courses and activities are not accessible.

Workshops, activities and trips
Students involved in an exchange may take part, subject to availability, in the M1 integration trip, which in organized at the start of the new academic year (no ECTS).
Students can attend the M1 workshop at the S1. They may take part in the M2 workshops and trips subject to availability and to the approval by the head of the activity and by the head of the actual path. Required language level: students should have the minimum B2 level in French (or C1 in English, to attend Europe international master in the English language).
Note: L3 level students should apply in priority for the bachelor’s degree. A limited number of courses at the EUP will be opened and admission to these courses is subject to the approval by the heads of these courses.

Administrative duties for international students : residence permit

The residence permit is an official document giving you the legal right to reside on the European territory. Since the 1st of June 2009, first-time applicants have had the obligation to apply for a long-term student visa. The student-life board is the exclusive correspondent of the Seine-et-Marne and Paris Prefectures. The list of the required documents varies with the prefecture of you residence location (in France).

European Union Students
There is no obligation for European students to apply for a residence permit.
(Germany, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, The Czech Republic, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).

Students with other nationalities

  • If you are applying for the first time
  • If you are applying for a renewal of your permit

Time limits
Between 5 weeks and 2 months for the 2 prefectures (Seine-et-Marne and Paris). Pending the final document, you may obtain a receipt (valid for up to 3 months).

keyboard_arrow_up menu